Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Friday, May 11, 2007

5 Year Anniversary Pt. 4

DON'T MISS THIS WEEKEND! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE AN AWESOME CELEBRATION! WE HAVE SOME SPECIAL THINGS PLANNED THAT'S GOING TO MAKE A HUGE IMPACT ON YOUR LIFE!

1. I want to thank Tommy Sparger, Senior Pastor of North Point Church in Springfield, MO, for being such a great friend and encouragement to me through out the last 5 years (northpointnow.org). I met Tommy at a church planters’ boot camp the weekend after we planted People's Church. We hit it off from day one and have been friends since then. Our relationship has grown closer throughout the years. Tommy and I talk two or three times a week. He's a guy I call when I need advice or a different perspective on a situation I'm dealing with. Tommy, thanks for being a friend through this journey of church planting.

2. Lynn Wheeler is a full-time evangelist and a very close friend. Lynn, thanks for teaching me so much about ministry. When I was a full-time evangelist, you took me under your wings and gave me so much advice. Your wisdom and experience kept me from many pitfalls. When I started People's Church, besides Tiffany, you were my biggest fan. You are a true blue friend. THANKS DUDE FOR BEING THERE THROUGH THICK AND THIN!

3. One of the things I've learned after 5 years of being a senior pastor is: the only way to do ministry is with a team. The team that's around me makes me look better than what I really am. I'm not as smart and sharp as many people think I am (I'm not being humble it's the truth). I have a great team around me. These men and women are team players and are very gifted. To my team: Thanks for having my back, and you know I have yours. Thanks for praying for me and my family. Thanks for your commitment to me and to the vision of People's Church. Thanks for going the extra mile.

4. To my church family: You have been incredible to pastor! A handful of you have been here from day one. You have a special place in my heart. Church family: Thanks for praying fervent prayers. Thanks for serving faithfully. Thanks for giving generously. Thanks for being flexible and willing to adapt to our ever changing church. Thanks for having such a passion to reach the lost. Thanks for believing in the mission of People's Church. Thanks for loving Jesus with all of your heart. THE BEST IS YET TO COME! JUST WAIT AND SEE!