Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Random Thoughts

1. I didn't want Phil to get voted off American Idol last night. I thought the boy was coming into his own. Anyway, I'm still pulling for Melinda and Blake.

2. I've already gleaned a bunch from hanging out with the pastor's last night at the senior pastor's round table. My heart and mind is so wide open, and I'm hungry to learn. I feel like the more I know, the more I don't know. Since I don't know, I'm hungry to learn from those that know what I don't know because I would like to know what they know so that I can know :). If that makes sense!!

3. I've made great strides in my walk with Christ this year. God is ripping things from my life and thinking. I'm not there yet but I'm becoming more like Christ day by day. I LOVE YOU LORD!

4. I'm enjoying the journey. In the early days of People's Church, I wasn't enjoying the journey. I had nothing but a dream, and I pushed and worked and pushed like crazy and wasn't enjoying the journey. I've learned from several friends that this is a marathon not a sprint. I'm in this for the long haul. So now I'm running at a much better pace. I'm taking my day off religiously. I'm taking more and more time off from speaking on the weekends. I'm doing what I love to do the most, SPENDING LOT'S OF TIME WITH MY WIFE AND KIDS! I'm enjoying the journey, how about you?