Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, May 21, 2007

Weekend Update

1. As I looked over our church this weekend, I have a thankful heart because of the diversity we have. I really appreciate all the different skin colors, backgrounds and ages that make up People's Church. We are very diversified and very unified at the same time. What God is doing at People's Church is really special. God, PLEASE KNOW THAT YOU GET ALL THE CREDIT, HONOR AND GLORY FOR WHAT YOU'RE DOING THROUGH PEOPLE'S CHURCH!

2. We had 57 people accept Christ as their Lord and Savior this weekend! I am honestly amazed and humbled to see God continually save, deliver and set people free from the grips of sin. Church family, your passion to invite your friends and family to People's Church is unbelievable. You have my word that if you invite your friends and family to PC, we will always point them to Jesus. Jesus will ALWAYS be exalted at PC!

3. I'm so appreciative for all of you serving in ministry. Your passion to love, care and minister to people is contagious. Thanks for doing your part to make PC an irresistible church.

4. I felt like I bombed on my message in the 5PM Saturday night service. I hate that feeling. After that service, people came up to me and told me it was a good message. I WANT TO SAY A BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOU WHO ENCOURAGE ME WITH YOUR WORDS OF AFFIRMATION AND APPRECIATION. I don't need anyone to discourage me because I do that all by myself. SO thanks for praying for me and my family and for your kind words and cards. THEY DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

5. I'm sad to see the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets leave Oklahoma City. I have had the privilege to pastor 4 of these guys and their families. They are moving back to New Orleans. To the 4 Hornets and their families: It was great worshipping with you and seeing your passion for Christ! LET YOUR LIGHT CONTINUE TO SHINE!

6. I really believe God is going to change our lives through this series called 10....the countdown begins. Don't miss this weekend the title is AMERICAN IDOLS!