Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Friday, May 4, 2007

Round Table

I walked away from the senior pastor's round table inspired, stretched, motivated and humbled. Here are some things that impacted my life.

1. The relationships I made: I will write in future blogs about who impacted me and why. You can never have too many friends in ministry.

2. Everybody was real: I appreciated how people let their guards down and talked about real issues with candor. It moved me!

3. The discussion about delegating power versus delegating responsibility impacted my life big time. I know I'm not there yet with our executive team but we are getting there. The conversation really got me focused in on what that looks like.

4. Everybody in the room was willing to help each other. There wasn't a competitive spirit or I'm better than you feel. Everybody I talked to, no matter how big or how small their church was, was willing to offer advice or receive advice. It was truly a group of humble guys who wanted to be more like Jesus, please Jesus, serve the local church better and help each other.

5. I got answers to some questions that I have been searching and praying about. I needed some direction, so I have been prayerfully seeking the Lord and I also always look for wise and godly counsel. I definitely found wise and godly counsel from these men.

6. I sensed the passion for Jesus that everybody possessed. It made me more hungry for God. More than anything else, I want to love God, serve God and please God. I walked away challenged to fall in love with Jesus all over again.

I will write more later. I'm spending the day with my family! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!