Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Excited About Today

I've been wide awake since 3:50AM this morning. I stayed in bed and tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't. So I decided since I'm up, I would spend time in prayer. So I laid in bed until 4:50AM and prayed and thought about the goodness of God. I'm a truly blessed man. I'm very thankful for my wife, my three kids, my friends, my staff and my church family. LIFE IS SO GOOD!

Tonight and all day tomorrow, I have the privilege to hang out with some leading pastor's from across the nation at a senior pastor's round table. I don't feel qualified to hang out with these leaders, but I'm very humbled that I have the opportunity to learn and grow from them. I'm excited to learn how these leaders think. I'm excited to learn how they lead. I'm excited to learn how they structure their churches. I'm excited to learn how they balance their personal life with ministry. I'm excited to learn how God has used many of these pastor's to lead some of the largest and fastest growing churches in America. I know God wants to do big things through People's Church, so I have to continue to grow and learn so that I won't be the bottle neck to our church. I'M SO EXCITED TO BE A BETTER LEADER FOR CHRIST! LORD, MY PRAYER IS STRETCH ME, BREAK ME, MOLD ME, SCARE ME, FILL ME AND GIVE ME THE BOLDNESS AND COURAGE TO DO WHAT YOU TELL ME TO DO!