Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday's Download

1. I didn't get home until almost 2AM last night. Shelby, our Care Director, and I went to Mount Pleasant, Texas, on Tuesday afternoon. I preached at a youth crusade Tuesday and Wednesday night, and then, we drove home after the service last night.

2. My old youth pastor from when I was in high school is a youth pastor in Mount Pleasant, and I spoke at the event for him.

3. I am tired this morning, but I am also ready to take on the day!

4. I almost have Sunday's message done. I should be able to finish it around 9:30AM today.

5. There is a dear man of God in our church who has an aggressive form of leukemia, and I am praying for God to heal him. Pray with me!

6. We are going to have a casket on the stage this Sunday. Go to http://bit.ly/5syGL to take the poll on what you think is going to be in the casket. You don't want to miss this special surprise as I teach on Hells Bells and a casket.

7. 500 MORE! Invite everybody you know to be at church this Sunday!

8. I really missed my wife and kids while I was gone on my short trip. I love them so much.

9. Our youth ministry had over 330 in attendance, and several students gave their lives to Christ! Go GOD! Chris and Jamie Smith are great youth pastors. Parents, get your teenagers plugged into our dynamic Student Ministry.

10. I won 4 out of 5 fantasy football leagues last week. The league I lost in I'm 0-2. I'm concerned about my team in that league. It could be a tough year.

11. I get to celebrate a special event with one of my board members and great friends on Saturday!

12. My Oklahoma Sooners have a bye week this Saturday. Sam Bradford, get healthy!

13. We have something special planned this Sunday! What is in the casket????

14. My wife is doing a live video chat with some other senior pastors’ wives. She is excited to connect with them today, and I'm excited for my baby. She loves stuff like this.

15. What's in the casket?? See you on Sunday at 9AM, 10:30AM & 12PM!