Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Important Monday Meetings

On Mondays, I have my lunch Community Group, and then, I have my two most important work meetings of the week. At 1PM I have a Creative Team meeting that has anywhere from 4 to 7 people in it. Immediately following this meeting, I have my Executive Team meeting. It usually begins around 2 to 2:30PM. This meeting consists of four people. I want to share with you some reasons why I love having a creative meeting. I will share why I love having an executive meeting on another day.

1. More minds are better than one mind.

2. I get great ideas and creative energy from our creative meetings.

3. The creative meetings force me and others to make the Sunday experience a top priority. We spend our time planning, crafting and dreaming about Sunday experiences. There is nothing worse than planning out a Sunday service on a Saturday night.

4. One great idea can bring a message alive, and a lot of the time, I get that idea from this meeting.

5. We always have at least one lady in the meeting and oftentimes two, and they help to bring a woman's perspective to the messages.

6. I am able to share my heart about why I want to do a series. This gives our Creative Team direction in their stage design, promotional pieces and videos.

7. Our Media Team needs time to put together great promotional videos, and having these meetings helps us to be months out with our sermon series and creative ideas.