Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday's Download

1. Some of our staff and I have been interviewing people this week. We are adding a couple of positions onto our dream team to reach many more people with the Good News of Jesus Christ.

2. I don't like a super-packed daily schedule. My schedule has been really packed lately. I like to have margin in my daily schedule so that I can dream about the future.

3. I prefer my schedule to be filled with prayer and meditation, studying, developing and pouring into the top leaders around me, dreaming and planning great weekend experiences. Almost anything else outside of these things is draining to me.

4. Jessica, the Cooper's new assistant, is doing a great job. The Lord really helped Tiffany and I to find a great assistant.

5. I'm wrapping up Sunday's message today and emailing it to the office.

6. Today, I will be 90 percent done with Sunday’s message, and on Saturday, I will finish the last 10 percent of the message. 5 percent of Saturday’s message prep will be memorizing the message and working on transitions.

7. On Sunday morning around 8 to 8:15 AM in my office at the church, I finish memorizing Sunday's message.

8. On Friday, I'm taking my daughter on a morning date with daddy. On Friday afternoon, I'm taking my boys to the movies. On Friday evening, I'm taking the entire family on a date night. I'm looking forward to family Friday!

9. Hurry up football season and get here. I am a football fanatic. I also love fantasy football. I can't wait. It's a stress reliever for me.

10. Mark your calendars for Dad Fest 2009 on June 21! This is going to be a super fun day at PC! Invite lots of people to come to church with you.

11. Mark your calendars for the Grand Opening Celebration of our new facility and the renovation of our old facility on July 19. This is going to be a great day of celebrating God's goodness to PC!

12. This Sunday is God Is Compassionate! God is burning one thought into my heart to share with you this Sunday.

13. Thank you to all of you who consistently pray for me and my family. Prayer is the key, and we appreciate your prayers! Seriously!

14. Thank you to all of the great volunteers at PC! You all make our church a special place to worship! Thank you for making a difference!

15. It's all about life change!