Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Press Through Stress

The last seven months have been stressful for me. I learn a lot about myself and my leadership during these seasons. I want to share some things that I'm gleaning as this season is winding down.

1. I need to trust God more. Phil 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (NIV) I've done a pretty good job on the prayer and petition part, but I haven't done so well on the not being anxious part. Being anxious doesn't solve any problems, but I still get anxious. I know the root of my problem is that I need to trust my Heavenly Father!

2. I need to do a better job of honoring the Sabbath day during very busy seasons. I know God wired our bodies to work six days and rest one day. I haven't accomplished this lately, and my body feels it. Honestly, sometimes it just seems impossible to accomplish this one. I know I must do better!

3. I need two more really good leaders on my team. I have had to provide a lot of leadership in certain areas of our church, and it has caused me to spend more time, energy and brain power than I should have. Not only does this drain me, but it's not the best use of my time. The Lord is giving me a strategy to avoid this problem in the future.