Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend Update

1. The weather in Oklahoma was NOT GOOD at all this weekend. It's even worse today. Saturday night into Sunday, and a good portion of the day on Sunday, Oklahoma got a ton of freezing rain/ice. Many churches cancelled their Sunday services, and ALL the schools are closed today.

2. We didn't cancel church yesterday. We had all 4 services. Of course, the crowds were really low, but the spirit in the place was really high. Those who braved it out in the icy weather were excited to worship God. We had 2 people give their hearts to the Lord yesterday. PRAISE GOD!
3. The church offices are closed today because of the ice storm. I haven't driven on the roads yet, but I've looked outside and the trees are COVERED with ice, so I can only imagine what the roads are like.

4. Many people are without power all across Oklahoma. I'm praying for your power to get restored quickly. Thankfully, our power is still on.

5. I need Drew Brees, quaterback for the Saints, to have a GREAT game tonight if I'm going to advance to the second round of the playoffs in one of my fantasy football leagues. I didn't make it to the playoffs in one of my other leagues. I got crushed yesterday by Brian Rush, the church's Programming Director. I had a bye week in the league where I'm 11-2.

6. It looks like I'll be working from home most of the day. Thank God for technology!