Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Guest Blog: Erin Brown Pt. 2

A few things:

1. Being an assistant to the pastor is an important job. It is so important that I feel it is my ministry and my calling. I consider it an honor and blessing to serve as an assistant to both Herbert and Tiffany. It is by far the most rewarding job I have ever had.

2. Another aspect of my role is protecting Herbert’s time. I understand how valuable his time is. How do I show this? I try and redirect things that don’t need his attention. I double check and confirm every appointment he has. When he comes in the office, I try and have everything ready for him so that he doesn’t have to wait on me. I have found all of these things to be helpful in my role as an assistant.