Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Friday, December 14, 2007

Guest Blog: Erin Brown Pt. 3

I thought that today I would list some of the things that I do on a weekly basis.

▪ I filter all of his calls, mail and emails that come into the office.
▪ I schedule his appointments.
▪ I assist with any sermon research that he may need. A few of the websites that I find helpful are http://www.sermoncentral.com/ and http://www.bible.org/. Both of these sites have great illustrations, quotes, etc…
▪ I make all of his travel arrangements, such as booking flights, hotels, etc…
▪ I make sure that he has everything he will need for the Sunday services.
▪ Everyday I send an “end of the day” report that has any pertinent information that I feel he needs to know.
▪ On a weekly basis, Herbert meets with Josh Brown, our Director of Operations, and Brian Rush, our Programming Director, in an Executive Meeting. After this meeting, there is a Leadership Staff Meeting the Josh leads. I sit in the staff meetings on Pastor Herbert’s behalf and make note of things that he needs to know.

My task list may differ from week to week, but these are a few of the things that I do on a regular basis. An essential element of being a good assistant is flexibility. Overall, I try to remember that anything, no matter how big or small, I can take off his plate or make easier for him is freeing up more of his time. The more time I can free up for Herbert as his assistant, the more time he can spend doing what he is called to do.