Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, December 31, 2007

Holiday Update

Wow, I have had a great time hanging out with my family! It's been a great holiday. I feel refreshed, and I'm ready to tackle the new year. My family and I flew to Minnesota on December 24th. My wife has a lot of family who lives up north. We had over 30 people at our Christmas dinner. It was a blast hanging out and just relaxing. I NEEDED IT! We are flying home today. I'm ready to get home. A week from the house is just about right for me. Here are a few highlights from our trip.

1. We stayed with my wife's cousin and her family. They have been close since they were little kids. They are youth pastors at her dad's church.

2. A lot of my wife's family are full-time ministers.

3. My kids got so many gifts from their grandparents that we couldn’t bring them all home on the plane. THEY LOVE THEIR GRANDPARENTS. We are going to have to make a trip to Nebraska to pick up all of those gifts (my wife's parents live in Nebraska).

4. I played a bunch of XBOX 360 with Kirby. Kirby is my wife's cousin's husband. We had so much fun playing against one another. We spent hours just goofing off and playing games. By the way, I dominated him in (Madden, Baseball & Hockey).

5. I ate way too much food. I guarantee I picked up 5 pounds. Oh well, I have to hit the gym really hard the next couple of weeks.

6. I HAD SO, SO, SO MUCH FUN ON THIS TRIP!

7. I'm very excited about what God is getting ready to do at People's Church in 2008!

8. Josh, our Executive Pastor, spoke this weekend, and I know he did a great job!

9. I'm beginning a new series this weekend called The Winning Hand. INVITE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW! LET'S PACK THE HOUSE and WATCH GOD DO HIS THING!