Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Spiritual Vitality pt. 2

3. Fast on a consistent basis. Fasting is a spiritual discipline, if practiced, that reaps many spiritual benefits in our lives. I know many of you have never fasted for spiritual reasons. Every time I fast, God destroys something in me that shouldn't be in me. Every time I fast, my flesh weakens and becomes more surrendered to the Holy Spirit. Every time I fast, I draw closer to my Heavenly Father. I want to strongly encourage you to fast and seek God's face and just watch what God does in your life.

4. Attend church regularly. If you want to grow into the believer that God desires you to be, it will take attending church regularly. Scripture says in Hebrews 10:25, “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another-and all the more as you see the Day approaching” (New International Version). We need corporate worship! We must be committed to worshipping, serving, tithing and growing at a local church. This is key to your spiritual vitality.