Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What I've Learned Over Six Years Of Being A Senior Pastor pt. 2

8. Starting a new church is a great way to reach people who don't know Christ.

9. Mistakes are a part of the journey. I've made more mistakes than I have time to write about.

10. A new church takes a lot of work. A new growing church takes even more work. If you don't like to work hard, don't start a church.

11. Integrity is a huge component to an effective church.

12. Pursuing Christ is key to being a healthy and passionate follower of Christ and pastor.

13. Networking with pastors in your area is key to your personal and spiritual development.

14. Meet with pastors in your city or area when possible. When you meet with them, come prepared to learn. In other words, shut up and quit trying to impress them and learn all you can from them.

15. You may never meet some of your greatest mentors. I've been very blessed to be personal friends with some of my mentors. Although I will probably never meet many of my mentors, their books, blogs and messages will continue to impact my life.