Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend Update

1. It was a great Mother's Day weekend.

2. The kids and I took Tiffany out to eat at a nice restaurant on Saturday. We showered her with lots of love and cards. She's the best!

3. My mom flew into Oklahoma City last week from her home in Rochester, New York, so after church, my mom, several other family members and I went out to eat. It's always good to see mom.

4. After we had lunch, we went to my uncle and aunts house in Del City, OK. The kids had fun playing, and I played a card game with some of the adults. I love playing card games.

5. 43 people gave their hearts to Christ on Sunday. GO GOD!

6. There was a man on Sunday who came up to me after one of the services and said that he needed to change. He was very broken when he talked to me. It gripped my heart to see someone who knew their life was spinning out of control and desperately needed help. I'm so glad that I serve a God who has the POWER TO CHANGE A LIFE!

7. The Hornets and the Lakers lost in the NBA playoffs. The series for both of them is now 2 wins and 2 losses. Both teams were up 2-0. GO HORNETS, and I do like the Lakers but not as much as the Hornets.

8. This coming up Sunday we are concluding our series called DEEP! The following week we are beginning a brand new series that I'm very excited about. The series is called JUICY FRUIT! We are going to learn how to live in the Spirit. It's going to be a fun summer studying the fruits of the Spirit. You can know how close you are to God by the fruit that is evident in your life. DON'T MISS THIS SERIES BECAUSE IT WILL BE LIFE-CHANGING!