Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Effective Delegation pt. 3

Wrap around communication

I hate having the uneasy feeling of delegating something that is important and not ever knowing if it actually got done. There are some things in our church that I always want to have my hands around, and if I don't, I have an uneasy feeling. Because of this, we created what I am calling wrap around communication (I stole this term from someone else). Wrap around communication is simply getting an update on what you have delegated. We have actually created some wrap around communication systems. What I mean by systems is that they happen consistently. They are built into our daily or weekly schedules. An example of one of our wrap around communication systems is my assistant sends me an end of the day email informing me of things that got done, things that are left unfinished and any information that I need to know. I love this email every day because it puts me at ease about the things that are important to me.

Wrap around communication has improved my STRESS level big time!