Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Loving People

As a pastor, I meet a lot of people every single week. I meet happy people, sad people, nice people, mean people, loving people and hateful people. My favorite people to encounter are controlling and manipulative people. They are so fun to interact with :). One thing the Lord has taught me, or should I say is continually teaching me, in my almost 5 years of being a Senior Pastor is how to love people (5 years in May). I really love people and want the best for them. I even love people who don't like me or People's Church. I really love people who disagree with me and my approach and philosophy of ministry. I've come to the conclusion that not everybody will like me. No matter what I do, not everybody will agree with me. Some people will even talk negatively about me, and they really don't even know me. The awesome news is that I still have the choice and power to respond in love to every person, no matter what. I want to encourage you to be a lover not a fighter. Be a peace maker not a trouble maker. Be the solution not the problem. Be a friend not an enemy. Be a fire fighter not a fire lighter. No matter what happens to you, respond in love. Our mandate as Christians is to LOVE GOD AND LOVE PEOPLE. As you well know, that's easier said than done. Let's do it!