Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Highlights

1. We got a lot of rain in Oklahoma City over the weekend. It started on Friday and rained the entire weekend.

2. The grass and trees should be really happy. :)

3. My wife and I went on a date Thursday night. We had a great time.

4. We had a great day at People's Church. Tons of lives changed by the power of Christ.

5. I was deeply impacted by an 87-year-old man who came up to me yesterday after 1st experience with tears in his eyes and told me how he hadn't been that touched in years.

6. He encouraged me to remain faithful to Jesus and to finish the race. He told me that God was going to use me in a great way. I’m so greatly blessed by his encouraging words.

7. The step performance was awesome. The crew did a great job. I may put it on my blog this week so drop back by.

8. Our Creative Arts Department has been hitting it out of the park since we moved into our new building. They have tore it up during the Courageous series.

9. The message went well. I know God used it to encourage and inspire people to higher heights in Christ.

10. I talked about finishing your race and accomplishing your dreams.

11. The Thunder lost to the Lakers. LA played super great defense.

12. I know it's a long shot, but I'm pulling hard for the Thunder to beat the Lakers in this series.

13. My wife made this awesome dessert yesterday. I loved it.

14. I'm very excited about this coming up Sunday. I'm teaching a message titled Courage To Get Up. Start inviting now! God has so much more for you and those you know.

15. Get signed up today to be baptized in water on May 2. Email anita@peopleschurch.tv right now and let her know that you are going to be baptized and tell her which experience.

16. We started promoting Tiffany's Favorite Things on Sunday. On Mother's Day, we are giving out some great prizes to some moms. The prizes include a day at the spa, a Penn Square mall gift card and a Cheesecake Factory gift card. My wife will be sharing an inspiring Mother's Day message. Be sure to invite your family to be a part of our exciting Mother's Day experience. We will also be dedicating babies to the Lord on this special day.

17. Also on Mother's Day, we will be celebrating the 8 year anniversary of People's Church. I can't believe it's been 8 years! God has been so so so so so good!