Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday's Download

1. I am pumped up about Sunday! We are kicking off a new series called The Game Of Life! The stage is going to be decorated with a cool Game Of Life theme. I'm going to be teaching biblical principles to help you win and win big time in the most critical areas of your life.

2. We sent a big mailout to the community to invite them to our new series. Be praying for the mailout to bring people in and for many to experience the love and life changing power of Christ.

3. Many people are evaluating their priorities at the beginning of this new year and new decade. This is the perfect time to invite somebody to church. Go for it!

4. We have a huge event coming up on January 17 called Connect.Me. This is going to be a fun night of comedy, games, giveaways, Cold Stone Creamery ice cream and getting you plugged into a Community Group. This event is worth attending just for the fun you will have. The fun begins at 5PM @ People's Church, and childcare is provided.

5. The Wednesday Night Connection kicks off on January 20. This is an event for the entire family. Parents, there are great Bible studies for you, and there are great programs for your kids. This is a great way to connect with God and with others.

6. I am further ahead in my sermon preparation than normal. The Creative Team and my assistant are really helping me with research and creativity. I like being ahead.

7. I have been evaluating our systems and structure. We have to tighten up some areas. We have to continue to get better in certain areas. God will help us.

8. Our Executive Team knows that after I have some time off, I come back with 100 ideas, tweaks and changes. I'm A.D.D., and they love me for this!

9. My mom, who lives in Rochester, NY, has been staying at our home this week. We have enjoyed spending time with her!

10. Beginning Sunday, we are starting a week of church-wide prayer and fasting. Get ready for God to do something big in your life and our church!! I'm so excited to experience God in a new and real way!

11. If you haven't yet, check out our new website at http://www.peopleschurch.tv/

12. You can now watch messages at our website as well as listen to them.

13. I'm very grateful that God has given me a leadership gift. I love leading as much as I love teaching.

14. Go Dallas Cowboys! Beat those Eagles! Pounce on them!

15. See you folks on Sunday! Don't you dare miss out on what God has for you!