Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Highlights

1. It was a weekend of football at the Cooper house.

2. My Oklahoma Sooners stomped Florida State. I was very happy about this.

3. My wife made pot roast for dinner on Saturday. That was some good pot roast. I had it for lunch on Sunday afternoon. I love gravy.

4. We had a great day at People's Church. National poet, Amena Brown, brought down the house. Lives were changed.

5. A very heavy rain storm hit during 2nd experience. It was so loud I could hear it pounding on the roof while I was teaching, and we have good insulation on our roof. It's always a bummer when a storm like this hits on Sunday during worship experiences.

6. We started our live online worship experiences at 10AM, 11:30AM & 1PM. We had some technical difficulties, but we will get them hammered out this week. I'm excited about this new tool that will help us spread the Good News of Christ around the world.

7. After church, I watched football all day. My Dallas Cowboys didn't look good. 3 of my fantasy football teams need a breakthrough tonight. I need a good response from my players on Monday Night Football to win in all 6 leagues.

8. I taught on the book of Revelation on Sunday. I studied for this message more than any other message. It was hard to cover the book in 37 minutes (normally I speak around 30 minutes), but we got it done. There was great feedback, so I think people left with a better understanding of this complicated book.

9. I want to say a big thanks to Chris Hodges and Perry Noble for supplying me with great information on the end times from their series they did a year or two ago. It has been very helpful.

10. This Sunday at People's Church is a can't miss stomp/dance performance, and we will be continuing the series End Of The World.

11. At The Wednesday Connection at 7PM at People's Church, there will be barbeque with all the fixings, and I will be continuing the series Overcoming The Obstacles Of Life. I'll see you on Wednesday night for this event for the entire family.