Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Highlights

1. We had my mom, Sandra Cooper's, funeral on Saturday. It was a great service.

2. I shared for 5 minutes about my mom's life. I cried and laughed all at the same time. I had a great mom! She was such a sweet and caring person!

3. Shelby Johnson, the People's Church Care Pastor who handles most of our funerals, took care of my mom's funeral. He did a wonderful job with the eulogy. Shelby is so great at being there for people in their time of need. I'm so blessed to have him as our Care Pastor. Thanks for everything, Shelby!

4. It was great seeing and hanging out with family over the weekend. I had family in from all over the country.

5. It was especially good to see my younger sister and her precious family who live in Rochester, NY.

6. We had a great day at People's Church. Tons of people gave their lives to Christ.

7. Many people made a decision to stop having sex outside of marriage and many others made the decision to wait until marriage before having sex.

8. The Beyonce Single Ladies song was perfect before I taught God's Word. If you want it, put a ring on it!

9. The Worship Team did a great job. We sang Never Would Have Made It by Marvin Sapp and Always by Hillsong. I love the diversity at People's Church. Marvin Sapp and Hillsong on the same Sunday! That's what I'm talking about! Jamie did a great job on Never Would Have Made It!

10. Brian Rush is my good friend and one of my executive pastors at People's Church, and his dad went home to be with the Lord on Sunday morning. Jack Rush was a great man of God and raised an incredible son. Jack, I will miss your smile and hugs.

11. We had another great summer crowd at People's Church.

12. We announced that we are adding a 4th experience beginning August 29. New service times: 8:30AM, 10AM, 11:30AM & 1PM.

13. If you are not serving, we need you to get plugged into serving in a Sunday ministry at People's Church so that we can launch the 4th experience with great momentum. Email anita@peopleschurch.tv today and let her know. Thank you for serving so that we can see more changed lives.

14. We are providing 1000 students at Britton Elementary and Eisenhower Elementary with a backpack and a year's worth of school supplies. PC, we need your help. Be sure to pick up a bag or several bags in the church lobby, buy all the supplies on the list and bring the bag(s) back to church with you on Sunday. I'm so pumped to invest in our community and impact parents and kids with the love of Jesus.