Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

WEEDS

I don’t like weeds. Why? I am not a green thumb, and I have a hard time distinguishing the weeds from the plants. Although many weeds are obvious, others are not. They can be sneaky, little things disguising themselves as legitimate plants.

In ministry, we have to learn how to distinguish the real seeds from the weeds. The weed…

• …trying to be our best friend out of selfish ambition.
• …sucking the life out of us.
• …seeking power and influence for bad motives.
• …appearing to be supportive while sneaking around planting negative thoughts.
• …trying to control and manipulate the vision God has given you.

Pulling weeds isn’t fun, whether it’s in the flower bed or in ministry, BUT it is necessary. In The Parable of the Weeds (Matthew 13:24-30), Christ tells us to separate the harvest from the weeds. I don’t know about you, but I feel relief knowing that God doesn’t expect me to endure living with weeds. This post was by Tiffany Cooper.