Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Highlights

1. The MC Hammer “You Got To Pray” performance was amazing. Our Production Team tore it up. I may put the entire performance on my blog this week.

2. Brian, Andy, Hilary and your teams, way to go. You all put together top shelf performances, specials and videos every week. You all are such gifted people. You are providing PC 52 unforgettable experiences. Way to go!

3. Worship was super great on Sunday. Our entire Worship Team has such a heart for God, and it shows every Sunday. I'm grateful for your passion for God.

4. Our Parking Lot Team did it again! They made a huge difference in the rain. Yesterday, a first-time guest told me how she was impacted by the friendliness of the entire church, and she said it began in the parking lot. Way to go Parking Lot Team, Greeters and Ushers! You are making a difference in people's lives.

5. The kickoff of our new series Conversations went well. I love teaching God's Word. Prayer is such a huge part of the Christian life.

6. The best feedback I got yesterday was from a man who told me that he never knew what the Bible taught about how to pray. It's an honor to equip people with the proper tools to have a great relationship with their Heavenly Father. This man's life will be forever impacted by learning some scriptural nuggets about how to pray. I love it, love it, love it! Go, God!

7. Many people gave their lives to Christ! Thank you, Jesus, for grace, mercy and forgiveness.

8. On Thursday, I met with a local east side pastor to answer questions about how to take their ministry to the next level. I appreciated his heart and hunger. I believe God has great things in store for this church. We are all better when we work together. It's all about building God's Kingdom!

9. We had more rain and storms yesterday. May is always interesting in Oklahoma. I'm glad the weather men keep us informed, but I do not like it when I miss my favorite shows like the NBA playoffs.

10. My family has had a tough week and a half with sickness. We are getting better. Thank you for praying.

11. This Sunday our Production Team is performing a Bon Jovi song. Don't you dare miss it.

12. If you haven't signed up to lead a Summer Activity Group, do it today by emailing vernon@peopleschurch.tv. Whatever your favorite summer activity is, turn it into a time of fellowship and fun with your church family by leading a Summer Activity Group. Go for it. You will have a blast!

13. On Thursday night, my son Cale had his kindergarten graduation. He is headed to 1st grade in the fall. I love watching my kids grow up and seeing God form them into what He desires them to be.

14. Two more weeks of the series Conversations, and then, we are kicking off a new series called Unstoppable! It’s going to be a great series. Because God is on our side, we are Unstoppable.