Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend Highlights

1. We can't get good Sunday weather for anything. I miss Mr. Sun and am ready for the snow, ice, rain and cold to leave. This weather makes me long for springtime!

2. Had a great Sunday at PC! Tons of lives were changed!

3. Even on a cold and rainy day in OKC, we were over 1100 people bigger than last year on the same Sunday.

4. The wedding skit we did yesterday was great. The Beyonce song Irreplaceable at the end of the skit was super funny. We drove home the lies of the enemy with this skit. Great job, team.

5. We may put the skit on my blog this week. Stay tuned.

6. Yesterday’s message topic was heavy. In one service, you could hear a pin drop. Pastors, we are called by God to share the truth in love and with grace. God is working in a great way at PC!

7. Our Volunteer Banquet on Friday night was so fun! Thank you, volunteers, for all you do to advance God's Kingdom and to see more changed lives! We will show the video again this Sunday. If you missed it, be there Sunday and get ready to laugh and be appreciated by our staff.

8. It was a Red Box movie weekend for me and my wife.

9. I played Mario Cart on the Wii with my two oldest boys, and they embarrassed me. I hate to admit it, but those boys made their dad look very bad. :)

10. Follow me on twitter @herbertcooper.

11. This Sunday, my wife and I are going to be talking about how to have a great sex life.

12. We handed out CRAZY March Madness brochures at the end of the experiences. I can't believe our two-year anniversary is coming up on March 7. How time flies! PC, be praying about what God would have you to give over and above the Lord's tithe over the last year of the CRAZY Campaign. Also, be praying and come prepared to give your best offering over and above the Lord's tithe to the CRAZY Campaign on March 7. It's all about MORE CHANGED LIVES! Our future is so, so bright!

13. I have a busy week, but I am pumped about it! Have a super Monday!