Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend Highlights

1. We had a great day at PC! Many people gave their lives to Christ!

2. We had a record attendance - right at 3300!

3. Many people were baptized in water! Way to go public for God, and way to be obedient to God!

4. Worship is awesome! The presence of God was so real!

5. I taught a message titled If You Want It Put A Ring On It. I know God used the message to change lives and to draw people closer to Him!

6. Right before I taught the message, our Production Team, musicians and singers performed a version of the Beyonce song, Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It). We had 3 lady dancers doing the dance routine with wedding dresses, white gloves and a wedding ring on. This helped to drive home the message that if you want it, then put a ring on it! Way to go, team! I'm so proud of you all!

7. During this series, we have a bed and fireplace on the stage. The stage set looks great.

8. Every week of this series is going to be great! We are just getting warmed up!

9. I barked like a dog several times during the message. You had to be there. Our church laughed like crazy, and I drove home the point with very true illustrations. Listen or watch on the website www.peopleschurch.tv. The message should be up later today or tomorrow for sure.

10. The Executive Team and their families came to my home for a great Super Bowl party. I love the team I serve with!

11. I ate really bad last night. It will take two days to wash all that junk out of my system. I feel nasty today. I don't know if it was worth it. :)

12. Congrats to the Saints! They played very well last night!

13. I do like the Colts. They have a great organization and one of the best quarterbacks ever, but I was pulling for the Saints.

14. PC, start inviting people to church for this coming up Sunday. So many people need and want to hear God's take on sex.

15. Thanks to Ed Young for the Sexual Revolution idea.

16. The best is yet to come! Have a super Monday, folks!