Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Highlights

1. Super great Sunday at People's Church!

2. Over 200 people gave their lives to Christ on Sunday! I'm always so excited to see people give their life to Christ every week.

3. 4149 people attended Sunday.

4. I'm so proud of our church. We launched four experiences on Sunday to make room for more people to hear the Gospel and to have their lives changed. So many of our church family began serving this Sunday to make it happen. Thank you! Many lives were and will continue to be changed because of your faithfulness!

5. So many of our church committed to attend the 8:30AM & the 1PM to free up seats at the most popular service times (10AM & 11:30AM). All I can say is WOW, what a great response and turnout to the 8:30AM & the 1PM. Thank you, church, for freeing up seats so more lives can be changed.

6. The 11:30AM experience was super crowded. If at all possible, starting this Sunday, we need many of our regular attenders to begin attending the 1PM. Also, the 10AM will be jammed packed in a few weeks, so if at all possible, we need many of our regular attenders to attend the 8:30AM. Let's free up more seats so that we can see more changed lives!

7. On Sunday evening, hundreds of people came to Connect.me, and many great relationships were formed. This event helps our church family get plugged into a Community Group. Life-giving Christian friendships are so key to having a thriving relationship with Christ.

8. This Wednesday night begins the new semester of The Wednesday Connection. This is an event for the entire family. I will be kicking off a teaching series called Overcoming the Obstacles of Life. There will be awesome experiences, programs, small groups and fun for kids and teenagers. We are serving FREE Chick-fil-A for dinner. Come grow spiritually, meet some new friends and have a blast!

9. Don't you dare miss this Sunday! There will be an end of the world rap performance by Exodus. Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story will be in the kids’ area hanging out with the kids. I will be continuing the teaching series End Of The World!

10. It was nice to be back to my normal weekend routine after 4 weeks of traveling. I'm such a home body! I love hanging out with my family! It was a great weekend!

11. I have had 3 fantasy football drafts and have 3 more left. I'm ready for some football! BIG TIME! BRING IT ON! My Sooners kick off this Saturday!!!