Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Reflection

I think it's very healthy to take time to reflect. At the end of every year, I spend time reflecting over the past year. This helps to be thankful for all God has done, and it helps me to know what changes I need to make for the upcoming year. I evaluate my relationship with God, my relationship with my wife, my relationship with my kids, my work, my health, my financial stewardship and my friendships. I want to know if I have accomplished the goals that I established at the beginning of the year. If I didn't accomplish the goals, I try to figure out why I fell short. Reflection is so good for me!

Setting Goals:

I am a big goal setter and calendar planner. At the end of every year, I plan out the important things in my life. I've learned that, if I don't tell my time and life where to go, I will wonder where it went. I have already:

1. Established a 2009 financial budget with my wife. We live by a budget. Money is like time, if I don't tell my money where to go, I will wonder where it went.

2. Set a giving budget for 2009. Tiffany and I believe strongly in giving aggressively above the Lord's tithe.

3. Scheduled my date nights with my wife for 2009. LOVE THOSE NIGHTS!

4. Scheduled out 90 percent of my sermon series for 2009. This can change depending on what God is speaking to my heart during different seasons.

5. Scheduled out our family’s 2009 vacation dates.

6. Scheduled off Sundays that I will not be speaking at People's Church. I've learned that ministry is not a sprint, it's a marathon.

7. Scheduled out several overnight trips with my wife. We leave the kids with a babysitter and spend a night in a hotel together.

8. I'm working on scheduling out my fasting schedule. Fasting does wonders for my walk with Christ.

9. I also have my 2009 haircut appointments already scheduled. PRAY FOR ME! My life is too regimented!