Home Books Links Peopleschurch.tv People"s Church

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Last Two Weeks

1. I have been out of pocket for the last two weeks. My family went to Minnesota to see my wife's family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins).

2. We had a blast in Minnesota. We hung out on the lake, went tubing, ate good, played video games, played card games and laughed a lot. My two oldest boys went fishing and caught some fish. It was a blast.

3. My wife's family members are committed followers of Christ, and I love to see the rich heritage in her family. All I can say is that it pays to serve the Lord. Generations are impacted!

4. On Friday, my wife and I flew to Rochester, NY. We had an incredible time hanging out with the pastors, Pierre & Marlize. They pastor www.tfhny.org. This is an incredible 4000-person, multi-ethnic, multigenerational, multi-site, kickin', Jesus rockin' church.

5. Pierre & Marlize are incredible hosts & friends. They treated Tiffany and I like a king and queen all weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed our time.

6. On Sunday, The Father's House has 3 services at their main site, and I think two at their downtown site. I had a great time preaching there. The Father's House people laughed, shouted, cried and responded beautifully to the working of the Holy Spirit. It's a fun place to preach.

7. Late Saturday night and on Sunday morning I was throwing up constantly. I either had food poisoning or a virus. Either way, this made preaching a little bit tougher than normal. :)

8. This was a great weekend away for Tiffany and I without the kids. It's always a treat to hang out with my bride without the kids. She is my best friend, and I love spending alone time with her. She is just a special lady. I'm so blessed with such a godly wife. She's my dream lady!

9. Tiffany's mom drove down from Nebraska to watch our 4 precious little ones. I'm sure they gave her a run for her money! :). I'm grateful that she was able to have this wonderful bonding time with her grandkids. Nadine, Tiffany's mom, is a great woman of God and is a wonderful grandmother to our kids.

10. I'm glad to be back in the saddle and to see the incredible things that God is going to do at People's Church this fall.

11. This Sunday at People's Church, I'm teaching an ILLUSTRATIVE message that you can't miss. I believe God is going to use this message to change your life in a powerful way.

12. Also, we are baptizing many people on Sunday! I'm so excited to see followers of Jesus go public with their faith! If you haven't signed up, it's not too late. Email anita@peopleschurch.tv today and let her know which experience you would like to be baptized in. It's going to be a great Sunday at People's Church. Start inviting everybody you know.

13. Troy Martin, our Executive Director of Ministries, preached God's Word the last two weeks at People's Church. He did a great job. Troy is a gifted communicator, and I appreciate his wonderful spirit, attitude, loyalty, work ethic. teachable spirit and heart for Jesus. He and his family are a great addition to the incredible team we have at People's Church.

14. Buckle up, People's Church, God is getting ready to blow our minds with all that He is going to accomplish through us this fall! MORE CHANGED LIVES!