Herbertcooper.com is getting a makeover. Later today, Thursday, January 13th, herbertcooper.com will be receiving an updated design and will be switching to a new blog host. The blog will be down for awhile during this transition. If you follow by RSS feed, please check to make sure that the feed is transferred after the blog is back up. Thank you for being a part of herbertcooper.com, and please let us know if you experience any technical difficulties by emailing email@example.com.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
1. If you don't take risks, you think your organization will stay the same, but in actuality, it will go backwards.
2. If you don't take risks, you won't accomplish anything great.
3. If you don't take risks, you won't attract big thinkers and leaders to your organization.
4. If you don't take risks, your vision is only a daydream.
5. If you don't take risks, you aren't leading your organization by faith, and we are called to be people of faith.
6. If you don't take risks, you never stretch your faith and trust in God.
7. If you don't take risks, you really don't believe God is BIG and can do BIG things through little people.
8. If you come to the conclusion that you aren't willing to take risks, get out of the way and let somebody else lead.
9. Taking risks means you don't know exactly how things will turn out, but you can't afford not to take the risk.
10. Go for it! Take the risk! Turn your vision into reality!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
1. To fall more in love with Jesus by daily studying the Bible and praying.
2. To invest in the most important earthly relationship that I have, my marriage, by going on date nights with my wife at least 3 out of 4 weeks a month and going on 4 overnight trips. It's my goal that one of our overnight trips would be a non-work related 3-night trip together.
3. To invest in my kids by continuing to protect 5 nights a week so that I can spend time playing and hanging out with them. Also, protecting my day off to spend time with my family.
4. To get our staff and a couple of the ministries in a healthy place. I am focusing on developing more leadership depth in our staff and ministries.
5. To start another People's Church campus in the Oklahoma City metro area to reach more people who are far from God.
6. To lay the groundwork to be able to launch a new People's Church campus every 12 to 18 months.
7. To do at least 2 days of cardio every week along with working out 3 days a week, and to get to 185 pounds.
Monday, January 10, 2011
1. It was great to teach God's Word at People's Church after two weeks off.
2. It was a powerful and inspiring day at PC!
3. Worship was great! We sang one of my favorite songs called Moving Forward.
4. The song Moving Forward went perfect with my message.
5. My message was titled I Quit Making Excuses. 2010 is over and in the books, and now it's time to forget the past and move forward to all that God has for you in 2011.
6. The MC Hammer performance of the song Too Legit To QUIT was awesome! We have such talented people at our church. It was a great song and performance to kick off the new series.
7. I don't think I've mentioned this on my blog yet, but if I did, it's worth repeating! :) I won three fantasy football championships. I made the playoffs in all six leagues. I went to the finals in four of them and brought home three gold balls. Great year of fantasy football.
8. To the staff of PC: I own you! Two fantasy football championships in a row! You people better get with it because your pastor is wearing you all out! Better luck to you peeps next year! LOL!
9. We kicked off 14 days of prayer and fasting at People's Church yesterday. We are beginning this year with an intense pursuit of God.
10. The church building will be open for prayer Monday thru Friday from 6AM to 7AM and from 12PM to 1PM. Come spend some time praying with your church family.
11. Don't miss the special prayer, praise, worship and teaching this Wednesday night at 7PM at People's Church. This will be a powerful night of seeking God's face!
12. I can't wait for week two of I Quit! Invite everybody you know to experience the love of God!
13. I am surprised that the Seahawks beat the Saints in the playoffs. I also expected the Colts to beat the Jets. Anything can happen in the playoffs.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
People's Church is kicking off a new teaching series on Sunday. Check out the short promo video about the series. This Sunday we are having an incredible performance of the MC Hammer song Too Legit To Quit! Don't you dare miss this life-changing Sunday!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
January is membership month at People's Church. People's Church is a high commitment church that is focused on connecting people to God and to others. We ask all of our members to be committed to 5 things in 2011.
1. I will support the church’s vision and leadership
2. I will commit to tithe
3. I will commit to serve in a ministry
4. I will be faithful in church attendance
5. I will commit to be involved in a Community Group
Check out the below video to find out more information about how you can join the team and make a huge difference for God in 2011!
Monday, January 3, 2011
1. I took some time off to get refreshed and to spend quality time with my family. We had a blast together!
2. We went to two movies as a family. We saw Tangled and Yogi Bear. Our two year old son, Case, went to his first two movies. He did pretty good. He fell asleep during Yogi Bear and played during Tangled.
3. I had a slight headache before we went to see Yogi Bear and took two pain relievers. I didn't realize they were the night time pain relievers. I don't do well with night time pills, they knock me out. You guessed right, I fell asleep during Yogi Bear along with Case! :)
4. We went to
5. We stayed up late every night.
6. We played the card game Rook almost every night. Ty, Tiffany's brother, and I dominated in Rook this year. We owned the card table!
7. Tiffany's mom checked out 4 iPads and they were a huge hit with the kids and the adults. We played lots of games on them.
8. I disconnected completely from work for 4 days. I didn't check my email, Twitter or Facebook. All of you senior pastors know that it can be extremely difficult to completely disconnect but once or twice a year I have to for my sanity.
9. Shelby Johnson, our Care Director, preached on December 26, and Troy Martin, our Executive Director of Ministries, preached on January 2. They both did a super job teaching on fasting.
10. People's Church is starting a 14 day fast beginning January 9. You need to participate and let God do something big in your life!
11. I am kicking off a new series this Sunday called I Quit. I'm very excited for all that God is going to do during this new series!
12. I'm back at work today, and I'm ready to roll! I'm ready for 2011! It's a new season at People's Church! God has BIG things for us!
13. I enjoyed my extended family time so much! Tiffany and my kiddos, I love you so much! You are the best!
14. LET'S DO THIS!