Thursday, December 16, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
1. Everything Christmas is unbelievable!
2. Our creative, video and production teams are knocking it out of the park for this series!
3. The choir rocked the house yesterday! Seriously, great job choir! Andre Daughty, you did a super great job getting the choir prepared for yesterday's experiences! Thank you, Andre!
4. I love seeing snow fall in the People's Church auditorium. It makes it feel more like Christmas time.
5. Yesterday we received a special Christmas offering to help 678 needy kids in the
6. We started promoting our new series called Hungry. This series is going to have a profound spiritual impact on our church. Do whatever you can to be at church on December 26 when we kick off Hungry!
7. I finished with a winning record in all six of my fantasy football leagues. I won first place during the regular season in 3 of the leagues. Now it's time to bring home some championships in some, if not all of these leagues.
8. Everything Christmas FINALE is this Sunday! This is going to be one of the, if not the most incredible experience we've ever had at People's Church! Our team has worked so hard for this upcoming Sunday! Do whatever you can to bring as many people with you. Seriously, from the laser light show to the drum performance to (I'm not telling you everything)! Be there and INVITE, INVITE, INVITE! Lives will be changed by the power of Christ!
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
People's Church has a huge heart for helping and ministering to the less fortunate of our community. This Sunday, and December 19, we are receiving a special Christmas offering to make a difference in the lives of almost 700 kids during this Christmas season. Check out this short video.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
2. Staff: Staff are my greatest asset and my greatest liability. One of the most difficult and most important jobs of any leader in a growing organization is building the right team. You have to get the right people on the bus and in the right seats, and when I have the wrong people on the bus or the right people in the wrong seats, this can mess with me mentally.
3. Building facilities: The most stressful times in my 8 years of being the senior pastor of People's Church was building our two buildings. The first building by far was the most stressful. I can see why many pastors resign and staff members leave after building a new facility. I'm thankful that my team members involved in building the facilities and I are still all in place. God has graced us, but it was stressful.
Monday, December 6, 2010
1. We had great experiences yesterday at People's Church! Many lives were changed!
2. Yesterday we had the
3. Sean Johnson, a local gospel R&B artist, and the UCO Orchestra performed Ray Charles’ song, The Spirit Of Christmas. AWESOME!
4. We served hot chocolate, and I taught on the love of God. Everything Christmas is going great.
5. On Thursday night my wife and I went to dinner and a movie. I love my alone time with my wife.
6. My father & mother in-law and my brother & sister-in-law and her family live in
7. Most of my family is fighting some kind of sickness. Please pray for all of us.
8. I thought I was going to lose my voice after 2nd service, but God helped me to make it through all four experiences.
9. Preaching four times on Sundays is grueling but rewarding.
10. This Sunday at People's Church we will be featuring the UCO Jazz Band, the People's Church Christmas Choir, live snow and hot apple cider. Also, Frosty the Snowman will be in the kid’s area again. It's going to be a great Sunday!
11. This is a great series to invite your friends and family who don't know Christ! Start inviting today!
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Our Christmas series at People's Church is HUGE! Our Creative Team out did themselves on Sunday. The best part is we are just getting started! Every week for the next 3 weeks there will be creative and unique elements! This is a must series to invite all of your friends and family too! START INVITING NOW! If you missed Sunday, check out this short video of one of the creative elements! WOW!